Please join us at DC Central Kitchen to prepare a Jain meal for 4500+ needy people. We will save hundreds of animal lives (giving them Abhay Daan) by serving them Jain food. We talk and preach about our Jain principle of ahimsa (non-violence) – here is the opportunity to put it in practice.
Over the last few years, more than 45 volunteers join together on this community service project. Once again, JSMW has agreed to prepare Jain meal for 4,500+ needy and homeless people in the DC-Metro area.
- Date: Saturday, May 13, 2017
- Time: 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Address: D.C. Central Kitchen, 425 Second Street NW, Washington DC. 20001
- Phone: 202-234-0707 Ext 108.
- DC Kitchen Website: http://www.dccentralkitchen.org/
- Dress code: Salwar-kurta/long pants, shirt, shoes (no sandals). No exposed midriff, please.
- Donation: It will cost approximately $3,000 to purchase the raw materials. If you would like to sponsor this event, please feel free to contact us.
- Age: volunteers must be at least 12 years old. We can provide up to 5 hours of community service certificate to our youth to help them with their school community service requirements. So please encourage your kids (12 years or older) to join.
- RSVP: please fill out the form below.
The main entrance of DC Kitchen is on Second Street; however, please park your car in the back of the building on E Street and enter through the back entrance. Please make sure to arrive before 8:15 am for the brief instruction session.
If you are unable to attend, kindly donate $25, $51, $101, $151, $501… (any amount is welcome). Mail your donation check to JSMW:
- Payable to: “Jain Society of Metropolitan Washington”
- Memo field: DC Kitchen.
- Mailing address: P.O. Box 4548, Silver Spring, MD 20914.