About JSMW Pathshala
JSMW Pathshala started in 1980. Today, we have over a hundred students participate in Pathshala activities that promote Jain education and Jain unity. Pathshala topics range the full spectrum from philosophical discussions to ritual awareness. Activities are age appropriate from arts and crafts for our Nursery students to public speaking preparation for our Senior students. Each year, JSMW Pathshala gets better and better!
|09:15 – 10:15 AM||Hindi/Gujarati Classes|
|10:15 – 10:30 AM||Morning Prayers, Aarti/Mangal Deevo, and Announcements|
|10:30 – 12:15 PM||Pathshala Classes|
|11.50 – 12.15 PM||Sutra Class in Gym|
|Adult classes are conducted on Pathshala days at the Jain Center btwn 10:30-12:30|
- Age requirement: Students are welcome from age 3 by Sept 30th to 10th grade plus adult classes are also available.
- Pathshala year: Pathshala year consists of 20 classes from September to June, usually 1st, 3rd, and 5th Sunday with some exceptions.
- Minimum Donation:
- Jain Pathshala: $115 per student (JSMW Members) or $150 per student (JSMW Non-Members)
- Gujarati or Hindi Language Classes: $40 per student (JSMW Members) or $50 per student (JSMW Non-Members). Enrollment in language classes can only be done if the student is registered for Pathshala.
- Payment: Please make the check payable to “Jain Society of Metropolitan Washington”. Pathshala registration donation is 100% tax deductible.
Note: The Director of Education reserves full right to expel a student from the Pathshala, during any part of the year, due to misconduct or inappropriate behavior. In such a case, there shall be no refund issued for the remainder of the Pathshala year.
It takes a village to raise a child!
As a strictly volunteer run organization, success thus far is attributed to the countless parents who pitch in and make Pathshala prosper. If you are interested in volunteering, please contact our Education Director, Monica Shah, at Education@JainSocietyDC.org
|Class Level||Age / Grade (2016-17 school year)|
|Class A||KG, 1st|
|Class C||4th, 5th|
|Class D||6th, 7th|
|Class E||8th, 9th|