|Academic Year 2016 – 2017:
The first day of Pathshala is on September 18, 2016 and after that it will be on every 1st, 3rd and 5th Sunday of the month.
Cloverly Elementary School
800 Briggs Chaney Rd
Silver Spring MD 20905
09:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Followed by Lunch
|Food Coordinator:Sunil Dharamsi
Tentative Pathsala Schedule for 2016-17 (subject to rental approval from school)
9/18/2016, 10/2/2016, 10/16/2016, 10/30/2016, 11/6/2016, 11/20/2016, 12/4/2016, 12/11/2016, 1/8/2017, 1/15/2017, 1/29/2017, 2/12/2017, 2/26/2017, 3/5/2017, 3/19/2017, 4/2/2017, 4/16/2017, 5/7/2017, 5/21/2017, 6/4/2017
We have a great team of about 36 teachers who teach the JAINA curriculum emphasizing the Jain way of life. Our teachers are a key to success and we would not have such a vibrant Pathshala without the dedication and hard work of our teachers.
|Nursery (Age 3)||Dhruti Shah
|Pre-Alpha (Age 4)||Shilpa M Shah
|Class A (KG & 1st)||Bela Gandhi
|703-554-2142 or 703-793-3049
|Class B1 (2nd)||Nita Shah
|Class B2 (3rd)||Pallavi Dharamsi
|Class C1 (4th)||Monica Shah
|Class C2 (5th)||Ami Shah
|Class D (6th & 7th)||Rupal Shah
|443-812-8233 or 443-535-8340
|Class E (8th & 9th)||Megha Doshi
|Class G (10th)||Kamlesh Shah||301-838-9778||Class G|
|Hindi Class||Shweta Jain
|Gujarati Class||Sonal Ajmera
|Sutra Class||Shilpa P Shah
|Adult Class||Pravin Dand
Dr. Atul Shah
|Class Schedule @ Cloverly Elementary School|
|09:15 – 10:15 a.m.||Hindi/Gujarati Classes|
|10:15 – 10:30 a.m.||Prayer, Aarti / Mangal deevo in Gym, Assembly in Gym|
|10:35 – 12:15 p.m.||Pathshala Classes|
|11.50 – 12:15 p.m.||Sutra Classes in Gym (Class B1 to G students)|
|12:15 p.m.||Class-wise Dismissal for lunch|
|Class Schedule @ Jain Center|
|10:30 – 12:30 p.m.||Adult Pathshala by Dr. Atul Shah & Pravin Dand|
|12:30 p.m.||Parents Lunch in School Cafeteria|
Lunch Sponsorship Sign-up / Lunch Sponsors list / Lunch RSVP
Please contact our Lunch Coordinator, Sunil Dharamsi if you wish to sponsor Pathshala lunch and/or need help forming a group.
Please click here to view the Pathshala lunch sponsorship list (names and dates).
Please make sure that the food served qualifies Jain criteria and following ingredients are NOT used or included in any form.
- Non Vegetarian items including eggs and gelatin.
- Root vegetables / Anantkaya like onion, garlic, potato, carrot, eggplant, brinjal, spinach, mushroom
- “Dwidal” – Dicotyledons i.e. any grain [or flour of that grain] which can be split into two when mixed with raw milk, curd, lassi, shrikhand or other milk item leads to Dwidal. Yogurt / Milk / Buttermilk have to be nicely warmed before mixing it.
Some examples of “Dwidal” include
– Making “Kadhi” by mixing besan in buttermilk without nicely warming it
– Making “Dahi Bundi” or “Rayatoo” without nicely warming yogurt
– Making “Dahi wada” by putting wada in yogurt without nicely warming yogurt
– Dicotyledons include all “kathol” & all “Dal” & their flours, Methi – seeds or leaves
- Green vegetables on “tithi.”
Pathshala PTA helps organize various social events at the Pathshala. We encourage parents to join and/or participate in these events. Please feel free to contact Vishal Mehta / Mily Mehta for details at Education@JainSocietyDC.org.
For any questions / suggestions regarding Pathshala, please contact Megha Doshi at Education@JainSocietyDC.org.