The Election Committee has received nominations from the following individuals and have certified them as selected without a need for further electoral process. As a result, there will be NO elections after Special General Body Meeting.
Nominations for 07 positions within the Executive Committee:
- President: Vacant
- Vice President: Vishal Mehta (selected, term until December 31st, 2018)
- Secretary: Vacant
- Joint Secretary: Vacant
- Director of Facilities: Vacant
- Director of Public Relations: Rahul Jain (selected, term until December 31st, 2018)
- Director of Events: Vacant
We thank Vishal Mehta and Rahul Jain for stepping forward and being selected in their respective positions, however, we still have a big hole in the top leadership position, namely that of the President. This is a crucial time in our history as we are proceeding forward to build a new Jain Temple. It is imperative that we have continuation of strong leadership and smooth transition from current leader to the next.
During the upcoming Special General Body meeting, Dr. Sushil Jain, the ChairPerson of the Board of Trustees, will open the floor and invite nominations from any interested individual for the vacant positions. This is to include the position of the President, and if necessary, will make a waiver from the usual requirements, as warranted by the situation. We urge you to attend this very important meeting to help establish the remaining open positions within the Executive Committee.
Note: Lunch will be served immediately thereafter.
Following will be the agenda for the meeting:
- Approval of the meeting minutes of the Annual General Body Meeting held on November 6th, 2016,
- Approval of the Constitution Revision and Updates, and
- Nominations for the vacant positions within Executive Committee as listed above.
It is our humble request that you please join us and be part of the process. After all, “Decisions are made by those who attend the meeting, other must follow them.” (W. Buffet).