- Click here to access the event flyer. The talent show will now be at Shri Mangal Mandir located at: 17110 New Hampshire Ave Silver Spring, MD 20905.
- Tickets for the talent show are available for $5 (3 years old and up). Modes of payment: PayPal (be sure to include JGT2016 in comments area).
- There will be food vendors throughout the event. You can purchase food directly from these vendors. We request that you have enough cash as the food vendor has indicated that they will support cash transactions only.
- The event will start at 11 a.m. with ample of time for food, socializing and mingling with other members/attendees.
- If you have a unique talent that does NOT require a stage, but rather an area outside the auditorium, we have a vendor booth for you! Send your vendor inquiries to Bela Gandhi via an email.
- You can sponsor the event by donating a minimum amount of $101 (Bronze). Other sponsorship options include $151 (Silver), $251 (Gold), $351 (Platinum), and $501 (Diamond) levels. We would appreciate any sponsorships, advertisements for your business, and donations as they are more than welcome!
Does your band rock and roll? Do your rhymes have power and soul? Is there a juggler lurking within you, perhaps a comedian nature hidden too? Do you dance with stars or have a voice for open mics? Then it’s time to bring your stuff to the limelight!
You can perform a skit or a comedy routine, recite a poem, dance, sing, mime, play a musical instrument, perform gymnastics or a martial art, do magic, puppetry – any talent you have….we have a platform for you!
|Registration Forms Due:||10/31/2016||Click here to access the Registration Form, Video Consent Form, and Release of Liability|
|Video Qualification Round:||11/10/2016 – 11/15/2016||Note: If several acts are submitted for a specific age group or category, then the JGT committee will conduct a Video Qualification Round. Contestants will be requested to submit a Youtube video clip. Qualified contestants will be notified by 11/05/2016 if a video is needed.|
|Elimination Round Decision:||11/20/2016||Note: The final round will be a competition of the selected best of the best for each category! If several acts register and qualify, then acts within that category will be requested to compete in an Elimination Round on the morning of the event, December 3rd from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 noon. A different performance for the final round is encouraged.|
Rules and Guidelines:
- Participants must be JSMW members. (Both JSMW members as well as non-members are encouraged and welcomed to attend the show.)
- Items should be roughly 3-5 mins in length. Updated guidelines will be posted on the website.
- Competition is open for all ages and all areas of talents.
- There will be multiple categories designated by age group and/or talent category for young kids, youth, adults, and seniors.
- Solo acts and group acts are both accepted.
- There is no language barrier, acts can be in English, Gujarati, and/or Hindi.
- There will be limited time for stage prop set-up and clean-up before/after acts. Therefore, items such as confetti will not be permitted.
- Please be mindful that your item is appropriate for a family audience.
- Judges with performing arts backgrounds will be judging the final competition.
- JGT Committee reserves the right to disqualify any item it deems inappropriate.
- JGT Committee reserves the right to update rules and guidelines as necessary given venue, cost, or other constraints.
Additional Details: Please visit this page frequently, as all information will be posted here, including all future updates.
Venue in the DC metro area will be confirmed by early November.
Tickets sales will begin in early November at any JSMW event (Pathshala, Annual General Body Meeting) and online via website or email.
For additional questions, please contact us via an email at: click here.
See you at the show!
Jains Got Talent (JGT) Planning Committee