JSMW presents Paryushan and Daslaxan Parva Mahotsav
Jain Society of Metropolitan Washington is pleased to announce the 2017 Paryushan and Daslaxan Parva Mahotsav to be held at the Jain Center. During the Parva, the JSMW Members will be able to participate in various religious programs. Please read the three sections below to familiarize yourself with various activities during the Parva.
A special note from Dr. Falguniben Zaveri
Paryushana is time offered to us for internal & external tapasya. Parmatma has given me this opportunity to lead Jain Society of Metropolitan Washington.
My proposal to all of you is to practice maximum silent "maun" during these days. Since it is difficult to practice this at home, JSMW has opened up the Jain Center for anyone to reside there and do tapasya. I will surely be residing at the Jain Center. The programs will be planned in such way that you can spend the maximum time in YOG, DHYAN, KAYOTSARG. And if you do so as guided by DEVGURU you can see MIRACLES in life.
Dr. Falguni Zaveri
Dr. Zaveri's Bio/ Resumé
Paryushan Parva Details
Paryushan SponsorshipParyushan Swami Vatsalya sponsorship at the temple is $101 per day. You can sponsor any number of days as you wish. If you wish to sponsor a day, you can either write your name for the day on the spreadsheet at the temple or email your name with the donation and days to email@example.com.
|Aug 17||Aug 18||Aug 19||Aug 20||Aug 21||Aug 22||Aug 23||Aug 24||Aug 25|
|Morning Pravachan||-||10:30 - 12:00pm||10:30 - 12:00pm||Swapna Ceremony at Eleanor Roosevelt High School RSVP||10:30 - 12:00pm||10:30 - 12:00pm||10:30 - 12:00pm||10:30 - 12:00pm||10:30 - 12:00pm|
|Afternoon and Evening Program||Pre-Paryushan Lecture: 8:00 - 9:30pm||Samuhik Pratikraman: 6:30pm Pravachan: 8:00 - 9:30pm||Pravachan: 2:30 - 4:00pm Samuhik Pratikraman: 6:30pm Bhavana and Garba Raas: 8:00 - 9:30pm||Samuhik Pratikraman: 6:30pm Pravachan: 8:00 - 9:30pm||Samuhik Pratikraman: 6:30pm Pravachan: 8:00 - 9:30pm||Samuhik Pratikraman: 6:30pm Pravachan: 8:00 - 9:30pm||Samuhik Pratikraman: 6:30pm Pravachan: 8:00 - 9:30pm||Samvatsari Pratikraman followed by Tapasvi Bahuman (see various Pratikraman schedules below)|
Schedule for Samvatsari Pratikraman on Friday, Aug 25th
Deravasi Samvatsari PratikramanThe Deravasi Pratikraman will be performed at 3:30pm at Mangal Mandir located at 17110 New Hampshire Avenue, Silver Spring MD 20905 on Friday, August 25th. The program will start with a speech by Dr. Falguniben Zaveri from 2:30 – 3:00 p.m., followed by Ghee Boli between 3:00 – 3:30 p.m. The Pratikraman program will start at sharp 3:30 p.m. After Pratikraman, Aarti and Mangal Divo will be performed at Jain Center immediately thereafter.
Pratikraman in English (Location Updated)Samvatsari Pratikraman in English will be performed at 5:00pm at Mr. Maloo's home located at 1221 Briggs Chaney Road, Silver Spring, MD (very close to the Jain Center).
Mothers’ PratikramanAll mothers with young kids can now participate in an early Pratikraman at the Jain Center starting at noon on 25th.
Sthanakwasi Samvatsari PratikramanSthanakwasi Samvatsari Pratikraman will be held at the Jain Center. Aloyana will be recited from 3:30 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. followed by the Pratikraman starting at 5.30 p.m.
Tapasvi BahumanTapasvis (adults 3 or more consecutive upwas/ children doing any tapasya) will be recognized on Aug 25th at the Jain Center immediately after Aarti & Mangal Divo (approximately at 7:00 p.m.) All members are requested to provide names of Tapasvi and their Tapasya by registering their name online or via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The parna for Tapasvis will be held at the Jain Center on Saturday, August 26th morning starting at 9:00 a.m. Various opportunities to sponsor the parna and other activities are available. Register a Tapasvi
Overnight Stay at Jain CenterAdult Members (maximum of 15 people) are welcome to stay overnight at the Jain Center during Paryushan and Das Lakshan Parva celebrations as per rules and registration information provided in the next paragraph. If you or a member of your family would like to stay overnight during Paryushan Parva, please contact Vaishali Chedda at (410) 564-4758, email@example.com or Savita Jain at 240 784 0140, firstname.lastname@example.org or Jhalak Mehta at 240-461-1802, Mehta.email@example.com.
Rules and Regulations for Overnight Stay at Jain CenterMembers of our Jain Society will be allowed to stay overnight at the Jain Center during programs scheduled at Jain Center, provided that they (1) sign and submit the Liability Release Form, (2) submit a proof of their medical insurance coverage. Non-members will not be allowed to stay overnight at the Jain Center unless they become member to take advantage of this privilege. Persons staying at the Jain Center shall maintain the facility in accordance to good safety and hygiene procedures. Prior to leaving the facility, all food (cooked or raw) must be removed, and trash must be taken out.
Swapna Ceremony Details
- Date and Time: Sunday, August 20th, 2017, 1:00 pm
- Venue: Eleanor Roosevelt High School, 7601 Hanover Parkway Greenbelt, MD 20770
The Swapna Ceremony program will be followed by Swami Vatsalya Bhojan (dinner). Note: RSVP will end at midnight, Thursday, August 17th, 2017 with no exceptions.
Swapna Ceremony will start at sharp 1:00 pm with a lecture by Dr. Falguniben Zaveri followed by Swapna Boli, Parnu, Aarti, and Mangal Divo. During the Swapna Ceremony, the labharthi members will have the honor of carrying each Swapna to the beats of drums and music.
- Gheebolis during the Bhavana on 19th (maximum of 5 families for each Swapna)
- Swapna #6 (Chaand - Full Moon)
- Swapna #7 (Suraj - Sun)
- Swapna #8 (Dhwaja - Large Flag)
- Gheebolis during the Swapna Ceremony on 20th (maximum of 5 families for each Swapna except where noted):
- Swapna #4 (Lakshmiji) - 10 families can participate
- Swapna#9 (Kalash)
- Swapna#10 (Padma Sarovar - Lotus Pond)
- Swapna #11 (Ratnakar - Ocean)
- Swapna #12 (Dev Viman - Celestial Chariot Palace)
- Swapna #13 (Ratnadhag - Heap of Jewels)
- Swapna #14 (Nirdhumra Agni - Smokeless Fire)
- Parnu - 10 families can participate
- Mangal Divo
- Fixed Nakro of $601 for Swapna #1, 2, 3, and 5 (maximum of 3 families for each Swapna). If you are interested in taking the Swapna please email your name(s) and Swapna number to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email has to be received by Aug 18th 2017. If we have multiple emails for the same Swapna then amongst the interested members whoever bids the most will get the Swapna. If we have only one name then Adesh will be given to the member for $601 and they will get the Swapna.
Note: RSVP will end at midnight, Thursday, August 17th, 2017 with no exceptions.
Daslaxan Parva Details
Daslaxan Parva will be celebrated this year from August 26th to September 5th. We will have the pleasure of having Dr. Falguni Zaveri as the speaker during the Parva. The topic of Pravachans is yet to be determined. As it has become a customary since last few years, a Mandal Vidhan Puja will be organized on one of the days of Daslaxan Parva.
Daslaxan Parva Schedule
- Saturday August 26th and Sunday August 27th: Abhishek, Puja starting at 9:30 AM to 11:00 AM. Pravachan 11:15 AM to 12:15 PM. Followed by lunch
- Monday August 28th - Friday September 1st: Aarti at 7:30 PM. Pravachan from 8 to 9 PM
- Saturday September 2nd: Parshwanath Mandal Vidhan Puja starting from 9:00 to Noon. Followed by lunch
- Sunday September 3rd and Monday September 4th: Abhishek, Puja starting at 9:30 AM to 11:00 AM. Pravachan 11:15 AM to 12:15 PM. Followed by lunch
- Tuesday September 5th: Pratikraman starting at 5:00 PM. Followed by Aarti